Seize the opportunity to explore central Europe while working remotely with Georgia digital nomad visa.
As a response to the economic challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, Georgia introduced this innovative visa in 2020.
The application process is efficient, with no application fees, and it allows remote professionals and their families to stay for up to one year.
Discover the breathtaking landscapes of Georgia while enjoying a supportive work environment.
Georgia Digital Nomad Visa – Key Points Explained
Georgia digital nomad visa is one of the easiest to get in the whole world.
Key requirements include a valid passport, proof of employment or business, medical insurance and evidence of sufficient funds, with a minimum income of $2000 (1800 €) per month.
The application is submitted online through the official Nomad Visa website and includes providing personal information and necessary documentation.
Remarkably, the application cost is zero, and it takes only ten business days to process !
Is It Hard To Get Georgia Digital Nomad Visa ?
Not at all ! The process is designed to be simple and straightforward.
With the necessary documents and meeting the basic requirements, your journey to work and live in Georgia can start in no time.
The visa’s attractiveness lies in its ease of acquisition and the benefits it offers.
So why wait ?
Dive deeper into this article to understand more about this unique opportunity.
What Type of Visa Is the Georgia Digital Nomad Visa ?
The Georgia digital nomad visa is a type of work visa specifically designed for individuals who work remotely and wish to do so while residing in Georgia.
This visa was introduced to cater to the rising class of digital nomads – professionals, freelancers, entrepreneurs, and their families who work in a digital or online capacity, thus not tied to a specific location.
This work visa permits the holder to live in Georgia for up to one year.
Georgia Digital Nomad Visa Requirements & Eligibility
To be eligible for the Georgia digital nomad visa, you must meet a few criteria designed to ensure that you are a genuine remote worker or digital nomad :
- Employment status : you have to provide proof of employment or business. This can take the form of a work contract, a certificate of incorporation or a detailed letter that outlines your work. As a self-employed traveler, you should present a certificate of incorporation.
- Financial stability : you must demonstrate financial stability with, for example, proof of regular income of at least $2000 (1800 €) per month, or proof of $24000 (21500 €) in your bank account. As proof, you can provide bank statements, stock statements, contracts with fixed repayment or certificates of employment.
- Medical insurance : you must have a suitable health insurance policy that covers digital nomads and remote workers living abroad. This ensures that you will be covered in the event of health-related issues during your stay in Georgia.
- Valid passport : a valid passport, which remains valid for at least three months beyond the period of stay, is also required.
- Visa requirements : Georgia allows visa-free entry for ninety-five countries, so you must not belong to these countries to be granted Georgia’s digital nomad visa.
Georgia Digital Nomad Visa Income Requirements
To secure a Georgia digital nomad visa, you have to prove your financial stability.
Demonstrate a regular income of at least $2000 (1800 €) per month, or a total sum of $24000 (21500 €) of savings in your accounts.
This requirement can be proved through various means : bank or stock statements, contracts with fixed repayments, certificates of employment that confirm your earnings…
Apply For Digital Nomad Visa Georgia With These Documents
To apply for the Georgia digital nomad visa, digital nomads need to prepare and submit the following documents :
- Valid passport : a copy of your passport bio page, which should be valid for at least three more months after your stay.
- Proof of employment or business : documentation like your work contract, a certificate of incorporation or a detailed letter on your employment situation.
- Health insurance certificate : suitable health insurance coverage that covers digital nomads and remote workers living abroad is necessary.
- Proof of funds : evidence of financial stability, such as bank or stock statements, contracts with fixed repayments or certificates of employment.
Georgia Digital Nomad Visa Application Process Step By Step
Here is a step by step guide on how to apply for a digital nomad visa Georgia :
- Gather required documents : the first step in the application process is to collect the required documents. This includes your valid passport, proof of employment or business, health insurance certificate and proof of funds.
- Access the online application : next, visit the official Georgia Nomad Visa website. Here, you will find the Georgia digital nomad visa application form.
- Fill out the application form : begin filling out the application form with all your personal information. Ensure the details you provide are accurate to avoid potential complications down the line.
- Upload required documents : in this step, you need to upload the necessary documents you gathered in the first step. This will include scans or digital copies of these documents.
- Review your application : before you submit it, thoroughly review your application. Double-check all your entries for any possible mistakes and ensure that all uploaded documents are clear and legible.
- Submit the application : you can now submit your application. The online platform should provide a confirmation of receipt.
- Wait for approval : upon submission, your application will go through a review process. You can expect to receive a response via email within ten business days.
- Get your visa : once approved, you will receive your Georgia digital nomad visa.
Digital Nomad Visa For Georgia Renewal Process
The Georgia Digital Nomad Visa offers a validity period that extends up to a year.
For those interested in a longer stay, the visa’s tenure can be extended, and there’s even potential for obtaining permanent residency.
This can be achieved through Georgia’s Individual Entrepreneur Scheme, a unique program that provides an avenue for digital nomads and freelancers to establish a more permanent presence in the country.
How Long Is Digital Nomad Visa For Georgia Valid For ?
The Georgia digital nomad visa offers a validity period of one year.
This duration provides digital nomads enough time to experience living and working in Georgia.
Please note that when you overpass the 183 days of stay in Georgia, you then become a tax resident. The Individual Entrepreneur Scheme may offer tax advantages.
Cost Of Digital Nomad Visa Georgia
This is one of the biggest advantages of the digital nomad visa for Georgia : its cost, or lack thereof.
Unlike many other countries that offer similar programs, Georgia does not charge an application fee for its digital nomad visa.
This accessibility removes financial barriers. But bear in mind that while the visa itself is free, other costs like securing the required medical insurance or incurring travel expenses engage some costs.
Georgia Digital Nomad Visa Tax To Expect
While you live in Georgia on a Digital Nomad Visa, tax implications depend largely on the length of your stay.
Up until your 183rd day in the country, you are exempt from paying personal income tax.
However, if you extend your stay beyond this period, you become classified as a tax resident and have to pay taxes at approximately 20%.
But Georgia also offers an attractive Individual Entrepreneur Scheme.
This scheme provides a significant income tax advantage, with a mere 1% tax on the first $155000 of income. It is an appealing option if you intend to stay longer in the country and become a tax resident.
How Long You Wait To Get Digital Nomad Georgia Visa
Once you meet all the Georgia digital nomad visa requirements and submit your application with all the necessary documents, you can expect to hear back within ten working days.
This swift turnaround time is particularly advantageous for digital nomads looking to transition quickly, as it allows them to plan and begin their Georgian adventure without extensive waiting periods.
Bringing Family With You
If you’re planning to take your family along under your Georgia freelance visa, then good news as the country welcomes this.
The Georgia remote work visa allows remote workers, freelancers and entrepreneurs to bring their families along.
It’s a great opportunity if you’re looking to immerse your family in a new culture and environment for up to a year.
Cost Of Living In Georgia
The cost of living in Georgia is quite low compared to many other countries.
On average, living expenses in Georgia are approximately $700 (630 €) per month.
Here are some estimations on what to expect to pay while living in Georgia.
|Rent||250 to 400 € / $275 to $440|
|Buy||From 35000 € / From $38000|
|Hotels||Around 50 € / $55|
|BnB||20 to 50 € / $32 to $55|
|Restaurant||5 to 20 € / $6 to $22|
|Groceries||100 to 200 € / $110 to $220 /month/pers|
|Fast Food||3 to 5 € / $3 to $5,50|
|Train||Around 10 € / $11 per 100km|
|Bus||0,5 to 1 € / $0,55 to $1,10 per trip|
|Taxi||0,5 to 1 € / $0,6 to $1.10 per km|
|Car rental||20 to 50 € / $22 to $55 per day|
|Airplane||30 to 100 € / $33 to $110 per national trip|
|Day excursion||10 to 50 € / $11 to $55|
|Nightlife||10 to 20 € / $11 to $22|
|Museum / attractions||2 to 5 € / $2,2 to $5,5|
|Outdoor activities||10 to 40 € / $11 to $44|
You can also check the Cost of Living in Georgia here.
Is There Digital Banking In Georgia
Yes, digital banking is available and widely used in Georgia.
Several banks in the country provide great digital banking platforms, like TBC Bank and Bank of Georgia, which are among the largest in the country.
These banks offer online services from basic transactions such as fund transfers and bill payments to more complex operations like loan applications.
Also, good point for digital nomads : these banks do not require residency status. This means you can open an account upon arrival while traveling under your official digital nomad visa.
Popular Digital Nomad Hotspots (Cities) In Georgia
As a digital nomad in Georgia, you’re probably looking for the best places for remote workers.
Here are some of the most interesting we could find :
- Tbilisi – The capital city unveils vibrant city life, diverse culture and historical sites. Tbilisi offers a unique blend of traditional and modern and boasts a range of coworking spaces and great internet connectivity.
- Batumi – Located on the Black Sea coast, Batumi provides an idyllic setting for digital nomads seeking a beach-city lifestyle. Known for its modern architecture and lively nightlife, it’s a location where work and relaxation go hand in hand !
- Kutaisi – Kutaisi is Georgia’s legislative capital and third-largest city. It’s a perfect choice for digital nomads who seek a quieter and more laid-back lifestyle.
- Mtskheta – For remote work in Georgia in a blend of history and tranquility, Mtskheta is your perfect choice. As one of the oldest cities in Georgia, it provides an immersive cultural experience combined with peaceful living conditions.
- Borjomi – Borjomi is a resort town famous for its mineral water, lush greenery and peaceful atmosphere. If you’re looking to enter Georgia visa free for a serene retreat, then this is the place to relax and enjoy nature !
Are There Coworking Communities In Georgia?
Yes, Georgia is home to many coworking communities spread across its major cities, so it provides you, as a digital nomad, plenty of options for flexible workspaces.
Coworking communities in Tbilisi
Georgia’s capital hosts a variety of coworking communities. Impact Hub Tbilisi and Space Z are two prominent examples.
These spaces not only provide a productive environment but also promote networking and collaboration. Plus you will enjoy regular events and workshops !
Coworking Communities in Batumi
A Favoured city among remote workers, Batumi boasts an impressive coworking space : Batumi Coworking.
Its modern infrastructure, excellent internet and panoramic views of the Black Sea make it an attractive workspace. Other coworking spaces also exist there.
Coworking Communities in Kutaisi
Though quieter than Tbilisi and Batumi, Kutaisi too offers coworking facilities. One such space is Space Z, with its excellent amenities and a community-oriented environment.
It’s a great choice for digital nomads who seek a balance between a peaceful city life and a dynamic coworking community.
Final Pros & Benefits
The Georgia digital nomad visa offers loads of benefits that make the country an attractive destination for remote workers.
It’s the best destination to enjoy a cost-free application process.
The visa has a one-year validity, coupled with the potential for extension and even permanent residency.
We also wanted to enhance the tax benefits (Individual Entrepreneur Scheme) as well as the country’s affordable cost of living, natural beauty, cultural richness and welcoming people.
Few Drawbacks To Have In Mind
Before you apply for any digital nomad visas, consider the country’s drawbacks.
Language, for example, might be a barrier, as English isn’t widely spoken outside the major cities.
You will probably have to make some cultural adjustments, even more if you’re unfamiliar with Eastern European traditions.
Healthcare might also be an issue. Okay in most cities, it may not be as accessible in more remote areas… And let’s mention Georgia’s internet, where connectivity can be a challenge in some rural locations.
3 Alternative Countries With Similar Requirements We Recommend
Not convinced by working remotely from Georgia program ?
Here are some countries we also recommend as an alternative.
Hungary offers a supportive environment for digital nomads, particularly in its capital Budapest.
Like Georgia, Hungary has an affordable cost of living and a rich cultural history to explore. Their simplified business visa program allows for long stays.
The Czech Republic’s freelancer visa is an excellent alternative for digital nomads, especially if you’re interested by Central European culture.
Prague is a tech hub with plenty of coworking spaces and a big expat community. The application process for the freelancer visa is straightforward, pretty similar to the Georgian model.
Estonia was one of the first countries to introduce a digital nomad visa and recognize the increasing trend of remote work.
The country offers a blend of medieval architecture and digital modernity, with one of the world’s fastest internet speeds !
Does Georgia have a digital nomad visa ?
Yes, Georgia introduced the digital nomad visa in 2020 as part of its “Remotely from Georgia” program.
How much does the Georgia digital nomad visa cost ?
The application for the Georgia digital nomad visa is entirely free of charge.
What is the Remotely from Georgia program ?
“Remotely from Georgia” is a program introduced by the Georgian government that grants a visa to digital nomads and allows them to work and live in Georgia for up to one year.
Can freelancers apply for a Georgia digital nomad visa online ?
Yes, freelancers can apply for a Georgia digital nomad visa online through the official Nomad Visa website.
Who is eligible for a Georgia digital nomad visa ?
Freelancers, remote workers, and entrepreneurs who have the ability to work remotely and meet the minimum income requirement of $2000 (1800 €) per month are eligible.
The Georgia digital nomad visa offers a great opportunity for remote workers, freelancers and entrepreneurs.
Its easy application process, tax benefits, and affordable living standards set it apart.
This visa is the doorway to an enriching digital nomad experience in Europe. Be mindful of the drawbacks and consider the alternatives before making your move !